Great news! What we have been waiting for has finally happened, and my book Swedes in Canada: Invisible Immigrants is available in bookstores in Canada, the United States and Sweden! Place an order for it in your favourite bookstore if it is not already there, or ask your library to order it from University of Toronto Press. The price for a softcover copy is $35.95, and for a hard cover $80. See below for further information. Book launches and autographings will be held in Edmonton (Audreys Books) 10 September (7 pm), in Winnipeg (McNally Robinson Books) 16 September, in Thunder Bay (Thunder Bay Museum) 26 September and in Ottawa (Swedish Embassy) date not yet set. See you there! The research material, all 29 boxes, has been accepted by University of Manitoba Archives in Winnipeg, and will be available to researchers by September 2015.
Elinor Berglund Barr
- Researcher and Writer for current project
- Author of several published books on the History of Swedish/Canadian People.
Dr. Ernie Epp
- Co-Director of Lakehead Social History Institute in Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
- Associate Professor in the Department of History at Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Donald W. Sjöberg
- National Co-ordinator for fundraising